Deconstructing Advertisement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Culture: Image Based and Consumerism

+19
CsaTolentino
Christian Japhet
louieairvinsaway
Nichol John F. Famadico
AdrianDiegoPrado
Reniel.Lacanilao
JJMosot
gilbertrodil11
bayaban_romela
Carl Padama
Kookie
alfonso.yahra01
Gel
Armanalejandro27
neil
kc
ellaelaeh
jnnydanyeow
Admin
23 posters
Go down
Nichol John F. Famadico
Guru

Media Culture: Image Based and Consumerism - Page 4 Empty Re: Media Culture: Image Based and Consumerism

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:20 pm
The negative thing about modern media culture is that it promotes consumerism. Consumerism is really bad especially for the environment. As more and more people consume, less and less resources are being left, which is very bad for our Mother Earth.
Nichol John F. Famadico
Guru

Media Culture: Image Based and Consumerism - Page 4 Empty Re: Media Culture: Image Based and Consumerism

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:24 pm
Reniel.Lacanilao wrote:What is its role in a democratic society?

For me, media culture enhances our "freedom of speech." It allows us to express ourselves with freedom and with no restrictions, which can be abused sometimes leading to its negative effects.
Nichol John F. Famadico
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:28 pm
ellaelaeh wrote:How consumerism is used to control society?

Consumerism can control our society by making us feel that we need to consume the updated things each year and purchase trendy things for the sake of being cool.
Nichol John F. Famadico
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 pm
I describe our current culture as consumer-based. We consume so much things that we don't really need. We are being chained by our wants.
louieairvin@gmail.com

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:44 pm
For me, modern media culture is when people are easily communicating with each other essential and authentic information and expressions through different forms of media and legit applications or websites Very Happy
louieairvinsaway
louieairvinsaway
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:11 pm
For me, modern media culture is when people are easily communicating with each other essential and authentic information and expressions through different forms of media and legit applications or websites Very Happy
louieairvinsaway
louieairvinsaway
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:13 pm
jnnydanyeow wrote:What is the relationship between the Media and Culture ?

Media and culture are interconnected; levels of understanding various cultures influence media
contents, meanwhile media platforms and contents impact cultural and day-to-day practices.
Culture encompasses norms, beliefs, behaviours, values, traditions, languages, myths, ways of
life, and so forth. Through the media, groups can create and represent cultural identities. Media
narratives and discourses are created within different forms of texts and images that are
complexly related to the cultural perceptions and practices of both those who produce and
consume them. Encoding and decoding is involved in this process where encoding is done by
producers of the messages, while decoding is conducted by the audience. These social
phenomena are susceptible to struggle and change. (A. Dakroury, 2014).
Christian Japhet
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:16 pm
Why is it necessary to undestand to understand and learn that lesson?
Christian Japhet
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:16 pm
Assuming that all over the world learned and understood this topic, what would be its possible outcome in the society? Will it turned out to be positive?
Christian Japhet
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:17 pm
Thanks to these kind of topic, some people may no longer be illiterate when it comes to media information.
louieairvinsaway
louieairvinsaway
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:17 pm
What are some societal relation that can you incorporate with media culture?
Christian Japhet
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:18 pm
I thought this kind of topic is kind of common but I guess not. I learned new information commented to this lesson
louieairvinsaway
louieairvinsaway
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:30 pm
What is like before Modern Media Culture existed?
CsaTolentino
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:20 pm
What is the significance of modern media culture in advertisements?
CsaTolentino
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:26 pm
What challenges do the modern media culture bring to the advertisers? or is there any?
SJAreola
Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:05 pm
ellaelaeh wrote:What is the significance of consumerism?
is one of the important aspects of business as it is related to an economic theory which helps in boosting up the consumption of goods and services among the people.
SJAreola
Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:11 pm
This is extremely helpful. I am not sure that I would have successfully understand this topic without the help of this forum.
SJAreola
Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:12 pm
Christian Japhet wrote:I thought this kind of topic is kind of common but I guess not. I learned new information commented to this lesson
agreee cheers cheers
Rivera.John.Michael.R
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:47 pm
How media affects our culture?
Rivera.John.Michael.R
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:47 pm
How Consumerism affects our culture?
Rivera.John.Michael.R
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:52 pm
Is there a sihnificant relationship between advertisemenr and New Media?
Rivera.John.Michael.R
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:57 pm
What will happen if media is banned in all of tge countries
Rivera.John.Michael.R
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:58 pm
This topic really help me
Rivera.John.Michael.R
Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:00 pm
Is it really important to have a media in our society?
alfaro_ericaaa
Guru

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:09 pm
How can consumerism affect people in a positive manner?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum